Please note, if you are eligible for a FREE Influenza vaccination, please refer to your GP.
The vaccine is especially important for people at risk of serious complications from influenza including:
- Pregnant women (any stage of pregnancy)
- Anyone aged 65 years or over
- Children aged 6 months to under 5 years who have been hospitalised for respiratory illness or have a history of significant respiratory illness
- Anyone aged 6 months to under 65 years with any of the following medical conditions: Chronic heart problems, excluding high cholesterol or high blood pressure if they have not caused problems with other organs
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Chronic breathing or lung problems, excluding asthma if regular preventative therapy is not required
- Chronic kidney disease
- Cancer that is not in remission, excluding skin cancers if not invasive
- Other conditions (such as autoimmune disease, immune suppression, immune deficiency, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), transplant recipients, neuromuscular and central nervous system diseases, cochlear implant, error of metabolism at risk of major metabolic decompensation, pre- or post-splenectomy, Down syndrome, haemoglobinopathies and children on long term aspirin)
If you do not have one of these eligible conditions, you still benefit from an influenza immunisation available, at a small cost. Call our Customer Service team on 09 277 1516 for further details.
Visit http://www.fightflu.co.nz/ for further information.