PCR and supervised RAT Tests for air travel are now one of the norms for leaving NZ, and getting a pre-departure Covid Clearance Certificate is the best safety measure for all travellers. Understandably, being prepared to travel abroad takes extra planning these days. However, we can help you get all you need to getaway! Find out about Covid Clearance requirements and how to get supervised testing below.
PCR COVID CLEARANCE INFORMATION
Our East Care team can provide PCR Tests for air travel for international travellers leaving NZ. Please check with your departing airline and country of destination to ensure you have the correct documentation and tests.
How to organise your Covid Medical Clearance test:
- PCR Tests for air travel are available seven days a week, during our regular clinic hours from 7 am – 11 pm.
- As no appointment is necessary, you can simply pop in within these times. But, naturally, if you have Covid symptoms, you’ll need to call us first.
- The cost of a Covid Clearance is $295 per traveller. In addition, do be aware there is a public holiday surcharge for tests done on a public holiday.
- Don’t forget to bring your Passport and flight details as well need to see these when you come for your Covid Clearance visit.
What to expect during your Pre-departure Medical Clearance test Appointment
- Firstly, the nurse will check your travel details at your first appointment.
- Next, the nurse will perform a standard covid PCR swab.
- Finally, you’ll need to take your swabs to Labtests yourself at 37-41 Carbine Road Mt Wellington. Dropping it off yourself ensures that your swab can be processed quickly in time for your travel.
How will you get your PCR Tests for air travel results? (and what you need to get your Medical certificate)
- You will need to keep a track of your results from the Lab. First, you’ll need to call East Care to ensure that your Lab Report has indeed been uploaded to your health file. It should take about 15-12 hours for the results to come through on average.
- Then, once the results have come through on the system, you will need to return to East Care for a consultation with a doctor who will provide you with a signed/stamped Covid Lab Report and a Medical Certificate.
East Care is not responsible for each country’s entry requirements or Lab turnaround times.
Here is the RAT Pre-Departure information the patients require
RAT COVID CLEARANCE INFORMATION
- East Care can provide RAT for air travel for international travellers seven days a week from 7 am – 11 pm.
- No appointment is necessary.
- The cost of a Covid Clearance is $145 per person. In addition, there is a public holiday surcharge for tests done on a public holiday.
- Please bring your Passport and flight details when you come for your Covid Clearance visit.
- The nurse will take your travel details and perform a RAT test at your appointment.
- You will wait 15 minutes for the test to process.
- Once the test is processed, you will see one of our duty doctors, who will provide you with a signed/stamped RAT Travel report and a Medical Certificate.
- Please check with your departing airline and country of destination to ensure you have the correct documentation. East Care is not responsible for each country’s entry requirements.
You might also need a Medical Exemption Certificate if you meet the criteria laid out by the MOH.
The MOH official site has all the details for more information on requirements. Contact us with your questions about coming to get your PCR tests or RAT for air Travel report. We reach the specified standard required by the New Zealand Government to complete your testing.