Got symptoms? If you are at all worried, come down for a test.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to common illnesses such as a cold or influenza. You may have one or more of the following:
- a new or worsening cough
- fever (at least 38˚C)
- shortness of breath
- a sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporary loss of smell.
Some people may present with less typical symptoms such as only: fever, diarrhoea, headache, myalgia (muscle pain), nausea/vomiting, or confusion/irritability.
Symptoms can take up to 14 days to show after a person has been infected. The virus can be passed onto others before they know they have it – from up to two days before symptoms develop.
Covid Testing is free. It’s not painful but does feel a bit unusual as we take the swab from the back of your nose. Once you’ve had your test it is important to go straight home and self-isolate until your results come through. If your test is positive, you will be contacted promptly by phone.
To find our clinic, see the map here.
Need a Covid Clearance Test? Here’s the Information for International travellers
- East Care can provide Covid Clearance Tests for air travel for International travellers seven days a week from 7 am – 11 pm.
- No appointment is necessary.
- The cost of a Covid Clearance is $295 per person.
- Please bring your Passport and flight details when you come for your Covid Clearance visit.
- At your first appointment, the nurse will take your travel details and perform a covid swab.
- You will receive the result of this test from the Lab. (Please call East Care to make sure that your Lab Report has been received into your file).
- Once the result has been received you will need to return to East Care for a consultation with a doctor who will provide you with a signed/stamped Covid Lab Report and a Medical Certificate.
- Please check with your departing airline and country of destination to ensure you have the correct documentation. East Care is not responsible for each country’s entry requirements.