What is the physiotherapy process at East Care Physio?
Your physiotherapist is a health professional who will help you establish and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle. This becomes especially important when your movement and function have been impaired. Often, this is needed due to injury, ageing, disability or disease.
- Planning and discussion of treatment options
- Treatment and rehabilitation plan
What to expect from your first Physiotherapy appointment
Typically, your first physio appointment may last 45 minutes.
- First, the physiotherapist will chat with you and take a thorough medical history.
- Next, they’ll start your physical examination.
- From this assessment, you and your physiotherapist will set treatment goals to restore or develop your potential.
- Finally, your East Care physio will then walk you through the proposed treatment. They’ll outline likely outcomes and probable time frames with you.
Naturally, you’re welcome to ask your Physio questions so that you can make informed choices about your treatment. Also, you may decline any treatment/s you do not wish to consent to and have the right to do so at any time.
Expect any subsequent physiotherapy visits to take approximately 30 minutes.
What can we help you with at East Care Physiotherapy:
- Joint / Spine Mobilisation
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Sports Screening
- Breathing Retraining
Preparing for a visit to East Care Physiotherapy
- Wear clothes that you will be comfortable moving in.
- Naturally, you are welcome to bring whānau, friends or family with you.
- Remember to bring along any other important information. This includes any referral letter from your doctor or X-rays.
- However, if you have any Covid related symptoms, please do not attend. Also, this applies if you are a ‘close contact’ or awaiting a test result.
Physiotherapy Opening Hours:
Evening appointments on Mon, Tues & Thurs
Saturday – by appointment Sunday closed
Complementary onsite services
At our Botany Road premises, we offer a number of onsite services including a Pharmacy and Radiology to ensure your visit to the Centre is as stress free as possible.
Pre-register online before you arrive
Pre-registering saves you time in check-in.
Health care professionals providing advance care plans
Frequently asked questions
To join our clinic, you first need to fill out the patient enrolment forms to register with the PHO that we belong to. This is a Ministry of Health requirement. You will need to provide proof of identity and eligibility which may include the following forms of identification:
- NZ Passport or NZ birth certificate
- International passport with resident visa OR work visa of minimum 24-month duration
On the enrolment form you need to indicate which of our doctors (currently taking new patients) that you would like to be registered with.
Yes. As part of completing your enrollment, we request that you have a new patient screening appointment with one of our Nursing or Medical Centre Assistant team members.
This new patient appointment enables our team to work with you to better understand your current health and wellbeing.
Following the new patient appointment as above, you can book your first consultation with your nominated doctor.
The length of your first appointment with your new doctor will be as follows:
* Note: if you have a chronic condition, please make a booking for 30 minutes.
Payment is required at the time of consultation
You will get full access to the patient portal “My Indici” once you have completed your screening appointment.
Payment is required at time of consultation. Please note that unpaid accounts will incur an additional $10 monthly administration cost.
There may be additional costs for treatments/tests/materials
We recommend that you book your future appointments via your patient portal My Indici.
If you need an urgent appointment, then please phone the clinic. We have doctors available to discuss your urgent health needs on the day.
All consultations are by appointment only.
14-17 years $14
18+ years $16
Urgent prescription $27.50
We are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm.
For health services after hours visit East Care Accident & Medical, 260 Botany Road, Golflands, Auckland 2013. Their phone is 09 277 1516.
These are consultation prices only.
Under 14 Years - Free 14 - 17 years - $14 18 years & over - $16
Note charge is the same for in person or by phone or video as you are still receiving the same high quality health provider assessment, diagnosis and planning.